Is your kid bored? Are you a kid who is bored? Here are some suggestions for safe and fun websites suitable for kids to play on. These sites are specifically tailored for kids and so do not contain anything that kids shouldn't be seeing. However, you should still monitor the amount of time spent online and you should also discuss the impact of the level of advertising provided on kid's websites, which is considered to be more frequent and intense than even TV advertising.
- Note that this article does not endorse any of these websites, nor does it assure you of any of the suitability of the content. This article is provided as a shared internet community resource that is merely a guide to assist your own responsible choices as a parent or guardian.
- Choose a site with your child. If you both have a say in it, chances are that it will be a more successful choice that your child will enjoy and return to willingly.
- Choose from one of the following sites on this list. These are just a few of the sites available for children. Feel free to update this list over time to add new choices and to remove any that become defunct:
- Monitor usage and interest. No child should be left alone on a computer for hours on end. Always set suitable time amounts for using the computer and be sure to keep to agreements set between you and your child as to time limits and site limits.
- Teach your child the importance of not giving away personal information on websites, including names, name of school, home address, parental/guardian details, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, city of residence etc.
- Do a search. With your child, do a search in one of the popular search engines. Thoroughly check out the site to make sure that it is safe for your child.
- Always follow the rules of the sites. It is important that the parent or guardian reads the rules and fully understands the terms of usage. Explain these clearly to your child.
- If your child is 13 or under, read the age requirements for the sites before you go on. They are there for a good reason, so do not take them lightly.
- If you're a kid, always ask an adult before going on a site!
- Never give out any personal info on the sites.
- How to Know if Websites Your Kids Visit Are Safe
- How to Raise a Healthy Child
- How to Have Fun with Other Kids
- How to Police Your Kids on the Internet
- How to Go On a Cruise Economically with Kids Under 12
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Find Fun Websites for Kids. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.FUN KIDS CRAFTS Click Here!